Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Leaf Spring Straps

I'm replacing the clips that hold the rear leaf springs together. The correct terminology used is "Spring End Clamp Clip" (for mgb 1 3/4 wide).

NAPA, Autozone etc don't carry them, but I've found a online supplier.

I'm not sure how well they will work out but I figured I would pass along what I've found. They are a buck each, plus a buck for shipping.

http://thesuspensionking.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=627&osCsid=lobsov6dp353dr7dv16nkp7u33


fyi: It took me about 8 phone calls & a couple of hours of googling to figure this out...

The straps have a dimple that's opposite of what's needed for the MG, so I drilled out the dimple so the locating "bump" on the spring will hold the strap. Little bit of flat black paint.




Finished springs

No comments: